I Slay Dragons In Stilettos
Some weeks, life hands you complete shit. Deals fall through, people fail you, opportunities come up that force you into a totally difference path and all hell breaks loose. The other day I did a Facebook live, and my guest Amanda Furgiuele owner of Body in Balance Maui, said something powerful: "Live your life in the present, and your business in the future."
That was the highlight of my day and then it failed hard. I came back to that thought and here are some principles that help me slay:
1. Phone A Friend. If you have a friend that is willing to let you vent, support you, and then tell you to suck it up and slay -- call that person. If you don’t have, then consider me your friend… It sucks. People suck. Life is hard. When the universe is shifting for you, you have to let go of a lot of things in order to grow. People react out of THEIR own emotions, not yours, so don’t take it personally. If you fucked up, apologize. Feel it and then tomorrow slay.
2. Feel It: Giving yourself permission to feel emotions is hard for some. I am a super emotional person, so I tend to fight it big time, but then it just builds and comes out in a really inopportune time -- ever cried to a cashier at Target when they asked you how your day was? Ya… it’s awkward.
3. List It Out: Not what sucks, we already know that… what do you want? In life? In you ? What do you want to get out of your efforts? Write it down. Then tomorrow, take steps to get you closer.
4. Don’t Dwell. You know that time after a break up when it hurts a little less, but then you see that frame at Target (ok, I’ve been at Target a lot lately!) and it reminds you of your ex… feel it, it takes 90 seconds for an emotion to dissipate when you choose not to dwell on it. Then move on.
5. Show Up And Be Present: You got shit to do, so put on your big girl panties (honestly, I hate that phrase a lot. Issues.) Put on your damn stilettos or whatever else makes you feel FIERCE. Do your makeup. Wear those jeans that make you look hot. Take off your Clark Kent glasses. Get fierce and go conquer the day.
6. Bonus Tip: Listen below to the Wonder Woman Soundtrack or your hype playlist and then make it happen.
You are going to make it, and through pain comes learning, if we allow it, and then growth. Remember that dandelion that grew from the cracks in the cement? That’s you -- only you are a rose, not a weed! ;)
Love ya and please, do me a favor and slay today, ok?
💋Besos - Sharon